Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1: Carina


This year (2013) I am spending the entire month of May painting on Monhegan Island, Maine.  I have set a goal for myself of 1 6x6 oil on panel painting each day, and then 6 larger canvases spread out over the month.  I expect this will be a rich and rewarding experience.
 
For day 1, I chose this quick view of the little grocery store on the island, just a short distance from the cottage my husband and I rented for the month.  Because this is "low season" and there is not a lot of tourist activity yet, people tend to wander in and out of Carina.  If you are lucky, the ferry has brought supplies from the main land--veggies and various essentials.  If you are not lucky--well-- make do with what you have.  There are no vehicles allowed, with the exception of these working trucks, which are pretty banged up, but get the job done.

No comments: