Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 30: Looking Through


I just liked the idea of being able to view the ocean through the window of this house.  I think this was/is a family summer home.  No doubt many people have stood at the window and gazed out at the ocean view over the years.

This afternoon we said goodbye to new friends, Sue and Anneliese.  We hope to catch up with them some time in the future--each is from Vermont.  Before coming to the island this month, I had done a lot of thinking about ageing, and especially how, as we grow older, we are not expected to be courageous--we are no longer warriors, culturally speaking.  But that's not true.  Sue and Anneliese are warriors.

1 comment:

Views of NH said...

Hello, I just found your lovely blog today and I love your style of painting. it's very much like Edward Hopper, (I"m sure you hear that alot), specifically the "window to the sea" painting. I'm quite envious of your talent. I've been painting with acrylics recently and wish I could evoke the peaceful mood of your work. Keep up the good work!

Wendy